Monday, June 07, 2004

Jr. ranger day camp: Day 1

today was the first of three days voulenteering at the national park. It is the first session of junior ranger day camps. the first two sessions are little kids (6-10 I think) and the second two sessions are older kids. having helped out with both groups, I don't know which group is worse. today wasn't that bad, since all the kids didn't know each other or the rangers yet, they were kind of subdued. tomorrow on the hike it will be a totaly different story. the other thing about today is at snack time, there weren't any snacks!! only lemmonade, which in itself isn't bad but when you want gold fish and lemmonade... it was disipointing to say the least, but I havent lost hope... yet
I'll keep you posted on this issue (camp and gold fish).
since I couldn't ride this morning, being the smart person that I am, I decided to go for a ride this afternoon when it was 100 degrees out. actually it didn't feel all that hot. after I got back my teammate, The Man Child, called to see if I wanted to meet up with a group that starts across town at the UofA at 6am. I thought this strange since The Man Child doesn't like to miss his beauty sleep (man does he need it!!). it takes 45 minutes to get to the UofA from our meeting point, so if you do the math, that means leaving at 5:15, which means you have to get up at 4:30 or before. in my mind that makes riding your bike seem completely nuts, like somthing only stupid crazy people do. I guess that pretty much sums up me and my cycling friends (the man child, funk masta B, and the like). anyway tune in tomorrow to see how Day 2 of Jr. ranger camp goes.

I'm Out!!
Mr. bike freak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home